Call it a “Live Like a Local Tour” or a “Hidden Gems Tour”, the concept of the Budapest 101 Neighbourhood Tour is to show you all the secrets of the less touristy – but equally beautiful – districts.
It is for everyone from first time visitors to expats living here, but it is especially useful for those who stay with Airbnb and would like to discover their neighbourhood. We will visit local markets, restaurants, bars, shops, see amazing architecture, and talk a lot about history and society. And if you want to, you can add a private cooking class in your own apartment to learn how to use the goodies that you find at the market.
Here are some of the many possibilities:
- The Palace district: visit the most beautiful library and cinema and see the dozens of palaces in the inner 8th district
- District 8: The most multicultural neighbourhood with one of our favourite markets
- South Buda: Cute cafés, galleries, and the many wonders of the Gellért Hill
- Mid Buda: There’s much more to it than the castle district
- North Buda: Roman ruins of Aquincum, cobble stone streets, small town feeling
- Hills: Let’s take the cogwheel railway or the chairlift to see the nature, the Elizabeth lookout, the children’s railway and some beautiful villas – also great with kids
- Újlipót: A chic neighbourhood in the 13th with small businesses and lots of Bauhaus
- Jewish district: The hippest streets filled with history and street art
- District 9: A whale, a liquor factory, and a ziggurat are just some of the surprises
- Downtown: We will avoid the main touristy streets to find the hidden gems
Recommended duration: 4 hours
Price: 120 EUR / tour / group (maximum 6 people, ask for the price for bigger groups)
It is possible to have a longer tour for 30 EUR / hour.
The price does not include entrance fees, food, drinks, and transportation. If you prefer to have a minivan and a driver during the tour the additional price is 80 EUR / tour / group for the 4 hours.
Book it: firstname.lastname@example.org