World class quality, thousand-year-old history, really hard to get anywhere else. What is it? Hungarian wine.
Our wine tour is a must for all wine-lover travellers who visit Hungary. Pick one of the 22 Hungarian wine regions and let us organise the rest: visit family owned wineries, meet the wine makers, taste the great variety of local grapes, have an authentic lunch, and get to know the Hungarian countryside!
All our wine tours are private tours, therefore tailored to your needs and interests. You will enjoy the comfort of a spacious minivan with a driver, and have a wine-specialized guide with you.
Some of our favourite wine regions:
- Tokaj: the most famous of all, well known for the most unique dessert wines, but more and more recognised for the terroir dry whites, especially for the furmint
- Eger: a balanced mixture of reds and whites, home of the famous Bull’s Blood (bikavér) blend, wonderful historical town to complement the wine tastings
- Etyek: close to Budapest it’s the ideal choice if you have only a few hours, home of whites and elegant Pinot Noirs
- Balaton: the biggest lake of Central Europe creates the perfect microclimate for volcanic whites – combine your wine trip with a private sailing experience
- Somló: the smallest Hungarian wine region is known for the most mineral whites
- Villány: discover the South for the full-bodied reds
- Sopron: on your way between Budapest and Vienna, turn your transfer into an experience
- Pannonhalma: visit a thousand-year-old abbey and taste the wine they make
Duration: half day (Etyek), one day, several days
As all the tours are tailor-made for you, ask the price and request a trip at email@example.com
Prices start at 280 euros/group (2 people, 4-hour Etyek tour with a guide, a private minivan and driver)
For more inspiration check out our photos taken on wine tours here.